PBP‘s vision is to connect the world to a new creative economy – powered by people.
Powered by People is a B2B platform that seamlessly connects sustainable makers in 70 countries with buyers in North America & beyond through secure transactions. We want to make ethical, sustainable and social-impact buying easy and risk free.
We are seeking a talented UX designer to join our team and contribute to the development and enhancement of our B2B online platform. This role will be the key team member of PBP’s Product organization and you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact and drive innovation in automation, e-commerce, and logistics.
Product Strategy: You will work with PBPs design team and the wider product team, including PMs and engineers, to help define and scope user requirements building a story as to how features and requirements shape the user experience of our products. You will build confidence in a direction with the team before acting.
Collaboration: You will work with the team to provide UX recommendations on a project's direction. You will apply consistent designs and work closely with product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure seamless integration of design into the development process.
Craft: You will conduct user research to understand user behaviour, needs, and pain points. You are comfortable communicating these through user journeys and personas. You will work and collaborate in Figma to showcase wireframes, visually appealing and on-brand interface designs and prototypes. You have experience developing and maintaining design systems. You understand industry patterns while building your understanding of where our system can flex to accommodate certain needs. You’re able to plan and conduct usability testing sessions to gather feedback on designs.
Impact: You will help integrate UX into our process. You understand how your work contributes to the business by participating in road mapping and planning conversations. You are comfortable leveraging data to identify opportunities for improving the user experience. You have an understanding of HTML/CSS as it applies to how your designs will be implemented. You address post-implementation issues and make suggestions to improve your impact and the project's success.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., UX design, HCI).
- 2+ years of experience in UX design, with a strong portfolio showcasing successful projects.
- Proficient in design and prototyping tools (e.g., Figma).
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles and best practices.
- Experience with usability testing and user research methodologies.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- An understanding of HTML/CSS
- Experience in e-commerce and B2B SaaS design is valued but not required.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Work in a fast-growing company at the forefront of global e-commerce, automation, and logistics.
- Make a significant impact on our B2B wholesale platform.
Working Hours as a Global Citizen at PBP!
We’re a global company with team members in Canada, Kenya, India, the USA, Türkiye, Mexico, UK, South Africa, and Colombia. You will be working with teams across multiple time zones so we expect you to work within your standard time zone working hours, but be available from time to time for team meetings that may fall outside of your regular working hours.